Hey Babes::~

This is my new beauty blog::~
Hope these beauty tips helps::~
Feel free to ask for more tips and tricks::~
& I'll try my best to accomodate your needs::~ <3


Saturday, September 12, 2009

Concealer Trick: Concealing under eye circles::~

So::~
I've a major problem with my under eye bags::~
They are hereditary problems::~
So no matter how much sleep I get, its hopeless::~
I used to be obsessed with fixing my under eye problems::~
Hence, I rely on tips and tricks to brighten and conceal my under eye bags/circles::~
So far I would say I would say I managed to eliminate the dark circles but not so much so the under-eye bags problem because that's really tricky::~
I do not find using cold spoons and tea bags to work REALLY well::~
They do work at a certain level I must say but they don't really work much for me::~
I'm the exception case, sadly::~
So here's my routine tips and tricks to eliminate my dark eye circles::~
First::~
Go under natural light (sun light preferably) but don't go to your garden and do your make up or your neighbour would think you're weird::~
So, stand by your window and grab your mirror::~
If you're doing make up for night it really doesn't matter much::~
Because it's the night and your concealer is hardly that noticeable under the "heavier" make up you would have on::~ :)
Get a yellow undertone concealer as your concealer base if you have deep grey-ish purple eye circles::~
I would recommend you to use your finger instead of a concealer brush because you finger would "warm up" the concealer, hence, making the concealer adhere to your skin better::~
I use my middle finger because it is more comfortable for me but some people do use the pinky if they want more detailed coverage::~
Then I use a warm peachy toned concealer over the first yellow concealer::~
This concealer should be the one that match your skin tone perfectly::~
The trick is to really know how to blend it to avoid it looking too cakey::~
"Dabbing motions" are crucial and you wouldn't want to use "sweeping motions" as that would harm your delicate eye skin::~
My second concealer is slightly oilier and my first concealer is much of a "dry-cream base" so that just worked really well together::~
But I would recommend you to do the opposite which is to get a yellow based concealer that is oilier and cream based so it would be much more gentle to your soft under eye skin and then use the peachy "dry" one to contra the oily-ness of your first concealer::~
Okay~?
Does that make sense~?
Do ask if you want me to clarify more::~
:)
I'm doing mine the opposite now because I have to finish my current batch before moving on to change my routine concealers::~
However, if you have to of the same "oily" concealer::~
Try this tip::~
Blot off the excess "oil" from your concealers using a tissue::~
Blotting tissues work as well, but I find that tissue works best::~
Then lastly I apply a thin layer of really translucent light concealer (which I also use as my highlighter) over the entire eye area to just seal and finish off the look::~
I prefer using a mineral concealer at this step because it's finishing is very detailed and would not leave as much "fine lines" especially if you have large eye bags::~
Or alternatively you can use a brightening under eye powder to get great finishing::~
Benefit have a good brightening under eye powder, so if you want, do try that::~
And that's my routine::~
If you have better tips and tricks (especially for eye bags) do share~!
I'm honestly considering surgery in the future to remove them::~
And asking my Dad to fund my surgery cuz it came from his side of the family::~
That's fair right~?
Hehe::~
For your convenience, I have done some research::~
So, here are some youtube tutorials on how to best conceal your unsightly under eye problems::~


Enjoy and do ask for more beauty tips and tricks~!



p.s. I like the way she did the triangle trick, I tried that and it really lightens up my entire face::~ Maybe I'll do a follow up make up tutorial::~ So, do request if you want me to::~ :)



p.s. Tiffany (above) also explains some tips and tricks to conceal using the "colouring" technique (i.e. using a yellow based concealer to conceal purple eye circles and using a green based concealer to conceal red spots) It's supposed to be useful but I haven't tried it::~ If you have, do comment and tell us about your experience~! Cheers and thank you~!!! <3

Coming up~
How to use make up and look slimmer instantly~!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment